woensdag 13 mei 2009

A story by Charles Lutwidge Dodgson



Sometimes we all feel like Alice in Wonderland...

Anyway, I like the image of the white rabbit, "follow the white rabbit".
The story starts with Alice seeing a white rabbit walking by her, telling he is going to be late, checking his watch nervously. Alice (as curious as she is?) follows it and tumbles down the hole and finds herself in Wonderland.

"follow the white rabbit" or following the white rabbit signals a start of a adventure. (question to myself, am I tumbling down the hole?, am I already in Wonderland? Or just realized I found my white rabbit and the adventure is just getting started?)

One of my favourite passages in the book:
"`Cheshire Puss,' [Alice] began, rather timidly, as she did not at all know whether it would like the name: however, it only grinned a little wider. `Come, it's pleased so far,' thought Alice, and she went on. `Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?'
`That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said the Cat.
`I don't much care where--' said Alice.
`Then it doesn't matter which way you go,' said the Cat.
`--so long as I get SOMEWHERE,' Alice added as an explanation.
`Oh, you're sure to do that,' said the Cat, `if you only walk long enough.'"

Geen opmerkingen: